Advisor for Life: Become the Indispensable Financial Advisor to Affluent Families
Stephen D. Gresham
Format: PDF / Kindle (mobi) / ePub
If you intend on becoming a financial advisor to today's affluent families—especially those within the baby boomer generation—you need to provide them with guidance so thorough, insightful, and valuable that it will allow you to stand out from the rest of the financial professionals in this field.
Advisor for Life can help you do this and much more. Going far beyond everyday investment issues—such as setting a client's investment goals, selecting complementary investments, and monitoring portfolio balance—this practical guide will help you truly understand your clients' needs and develop a personalized plan that will allow them to live financially secure and fulfilling lives.
Industry visionary Steve Gresham has extensive experience in the world of wealth management, and with Advisor for Life, he wants to share those experiences with you. Within these pages, Gresham not only shows you what it takes to run a financial advisory practice geared towards affluent families, but he also reveals how an "advisor for life" should properly protect, motivate, and educate clients over the course of the relationship.
Divided into four comprehensive sections, Advisor for Life opens with a detailed discussion of the opportunities available within the industry, and then moves on to outline the essential elements of wealth management. Topics covered include:
* Developing a compelling investment philosophy and establishing an effective process that will guide the investment decisions you make for your clients
* Managing a client's fears and dreams when dealing with new wealth, retirement expectations, and the impact of taxation
* Helping affluent families pass wealth on to their heirs by sorting through the emotions that often entangle spouses, adult children, and aging parents
* Conveying your expertise, experience, and value proposition to existing clients, affluent prospects, and critical referral sources
* Creating a framework to optimize the value of a financial advisory practice
And much more
Delivering a consistently superior level of service to an affluent client base is the only way to survive and thrive in today's competitive financial advisory business. Filled with in-depth insights, informative examples, and engaging case studies, Advisor for Life will show you the best ways to successfully serve today's most affluent clients.