Bakery Products: Science And Technology
Format: PDF / Kindle (mobi) / ePub
While thousands of books on baking are in print aimed at food service operators, culinary art instruction, and consumers, relatively few professional publications exist that cover the science and technology of baking. In Bakery Products: Science and Technology, nearly 50 professionals from industry, government, and academia contribute their perspectives on the state of baking today. The latest scientific developments, technological processes, and engineering principles are described as they relate to the essentials of baking.
Coverage is extensive and includes:
- raw materials and ingredients, from wheat flours to sweeteners, yeast, and functional additives;
- the principles of baking, such as mixing processes, doughmaking, fermentation, and sensory evaluation;
- manufacturing considerations for bread and other bakery products, including quality control and enzymes;
- special bakery products, ranging from manufacture of cakes, cookies, muffins, bagels, and pretzels to dietetic bakery products, gluten-free cereal-based products; and
- specialty bakery items from around the world, including Italian bakery foods.
Blending the technical aspects of baking with the freshest scientific research, Bakery Products: Science and Technology has all the finest ingredients to serve the most demanding appetites of food science professionals, researchers, and students.