Java 7 Concurrency Cookbook (Quick Answers to Common Problems)
Format: PDF / Kindle (mobi) / ePub
Master multithreaded program development with this Java 7 concurrency cookbook. Packed with real-world solutions, it takes you from basic to more sophisticated aspects of concurrency. For intermediate to advanced Java developers.
- Master all that Java 7 has to offer for concurrent programming
- Get to grips with thread management, the Fork/Join framework, concurrency classes and much more in this book and e-book
- A practical Cookbook packed with recipes for achieving the most important Java Concurrency tasks
Java remains the global standard for developing various applications and enterprise software, and the launch of Java 7 brings with it exciting new capabilities for concurrent programming by way of the concurrency utilities enhancement. This allows developers to make the most of their applications with parallel task performance. "Java 7 Concurrency Cookbook" covers all elements of the Java concurrency API, providing essential recipes for taking advantage of the exciting new capabilities.
On your computer, you can listen to music while you edit a Word document and read your emails, all at once! This is because your operating system allows the concurrency of tasks, much like the Java platform which offers various classes to execute concurrent tasks inside a Java program. "Java 7 Concurrency Cookbook" covers the most important features of the Java concurrency API, with special emphasis on the new capabilities of version 7.
With each version, Java increases the available functionality to facilitate development of concurrent programs. This book covers the most important and useful mechanisms included in version 7 of the Java concurrency API, so you will be able to use them directly in your applications.
"Java 7 Concurrency Cookbook" includes recipes to enable you to achieve everything from the basic management of threads and tasks, to the new Fork /Join framework, through synchronization mechanisms between tasks, different types of concurrent tasks that Java can execute, data structures that must be used in concurrent applications and the classes of the library that can be customized.
With the step-by-step examples in this book you’ll be able to apply the most important and useful features of the Java 7 concurrency API.
What will you learn from this book
- Master the basics of thread management and synchronization before diving into higher level concurrency tasks
- Get to grips with exciting new concurrency features of Java 7, including the Phaser Class and the Fork/Join Framework
- Successfully delegate thread management to executors
- Customize some of the most useful classes of the Java concurrency API with real-world examples
- Learn to use high-level Java utilities to manage synchronization between threads
- Get a sneak peek at using Eclipse and NetBeans for debugging concurrency code
- Avoid problems with data inconsistency by learning the data structures you have to use in concurrent applications
- Take advantage of a bonus appendix packed with tips that every programmer should consider when developing a concurrent application
"Java 7 Concurrency Cookbook" is a practical Cookbook packed with real-world solutions. Intermediate–advanced level Java developers will learn from task-based recipes to use Java’s concurrent API to program thread safe solutions.