Format: PDF / Kindle (mobi) / ePub
Carefully paced for non-programmers, this second edition of the top-selling guide to web development now also provides an extensive introduction to CSS, and benefits from reader questions and suggestions about the first edition, making the new edition even easier to follow and more information-packed than ever.
Plus, to ensure your have understood all the main points, you'll practice what you've learned with review questions at the end of each chapter, and there's even a sample social networking platform built with the elements introduced in this book.
- Understand PHP up to an intermediate level, including the basics of object-oriented programming
- Master MySQL, from database structure to complex queries
- Create web pages with PHP and MySQL by integrating forms and other HTML features
- Pick up the basics of CSS (and CSS3) and learn how to use it to create compelling and dynamic web pages.
- Make Ajax calls and turn your website into a highly interactive environment
- Upload and manipulate files and images, validate user input, and secure your applications
- Bring all these technologies together to create a social networking site