Michael Mikowski, Josh Powell
Format: PDF / Kindle (mobi) / ePub
About this Book
If your website is a jumpy collection of linked pages, you are behind. Single page web applications are your next step: pushing UI rendering and business logic to the browser and communicating with the server only to synchronize data, they provide a smooth user experience, much like a native application. But, SPAs can be hard to develop, manage, and test.
This book assumes basic knowledge of web development. No experience with SPAs is required.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
- Design, build, and test a full-stack SPA
- Best-in-class tools like jQuery, TaffyDB, Node.js, and MongoDB
- Real-time web with web sockets and Socket.IO
- Touch controls for tablets and smartphones
- Common SPA design mistakes
About the Authors
The authors are architects and engineering managers. Michael Mikowski has worked on many commercial SPAs and a platform that processes over 100 billion requests per year. Josh Powell has built some of the most heavily trafficked sites on the web.
Table of Contents
- Our first single page application
- Develop the Shell
- Add feature modules
- Build the Model
- Finish the Model and Data modules
- The web server
- The server database
- Readying our SPA for production