What Investors Really Want: Know What Drives Investor Behavior and Make Smarter Financial Decisions
Format: PDF / Kindle (mobi) / ePub
Combining the new field of behavioral finance with the real world of investing, this engaging new book explores the mind-sets and motivations behind the major money decisions—and most common mistakes—that investors make every day. With insider's insight, and a storyteller's voice, behavioral finance expert Meir Statman reveals What Investors Really Want…
- Investors want bigger profits with lower risks. How our desire for free investment lunches can leave us with no lunches.
- Investors want to play and win. How our desire to win the investment game can turn us into losers.
- Investors want to save money for tomorrow and spend it today. How we struggle between spending too much and spending too little.
- Investors want status, respect, and social responsibility. How to know what's really important in life.
- Investors do not want to face financial losses. How to recognize and confront the regret that accompanies losses.
You'll also learn how age, gender, genetics, and personality affect your investment decisions and how people of different countries and cultures think about risks and returns, poverty, and wealth. You'll discover how behavioral finance provides key insights into the behavior that has rocked investment markets in recent years. And, most important, you'll learn to recognize the desires, thoughts, and emotions that drive your own investment decisions—so you can drive better on your road to investment success.