Format: PDF / Kindle (mobi) / ePub
- Learn about the powerful new features in HTML5 and CSS3
- Get your app into the store and learn how to add authentication
This book starts with the new features in HTML5 and CSS3 that are incorporated with Windows 8 development, and then moves on to creating a blank Windows Store app and add features to it as we move through the chapters till we package the app and make it ready for publishing. Finally, we will have a look at how similar it is to develop the same app with XAML.
What you will learn from this book
- Using HTML5 elements
- Styling with CSS3
- Getting data via web URLs and binding it to controls
- Understanding view states and making the app responsive
- Adding live tiles and notifications for the app
- Creating a basic app using XAML
- Adding user sign-in features via email accounts
- Understanding the Windows Store and publishing the app
Who this book is written for
This book is great for developers who want to start developing for Windows 8 and it also targets developers who want to get introduced to powerful advancements in standards-based web technology, while using it to build Windows Store apps, as well as leveraging their existing skills and code assets in web development.