Jonathan Chaffer, Karl Swedberg
Format: PDF / Kindle (mobi) / ePub
* Organized menu to every method, function, and selector in the jQuery library
* Quickly look up features of the jQuery library
* Understand the anatomy of a jQuery script
* Extend jQuery's built-in capabilities with plug-ins, and even write your own
jQuery Reference Guide digs deeper into the library, taking you through the syntax specifications and following up with a detailed discussion. You'll discover the untapped possibilities that jQuery makes available, and hone your skills as you return to this guide time and again.
What you will learn from this book?
* Get a broad overview of the jQuery library's capabilities with a real-world example
* Examine any jQuery method, function, and selector in detail, wherever and whenever it is needed
* Investigate jQuery's plug-in architecture, using a variety of approaches to extend the library's capabilities
* Explore the Dimensions plug-in for getting the size and position of any element on the page--even the document and browser window
* Discover the Form plug-in for combining AJAX techniques with HTML forms
This book is a detailed reference guide, and an invaluable resource for answers to all your jQuery questions. It begins with a real-world jQuery example, which illustrates the structure of a jQuery script. A detailed reference chapter is then presented for each of the main components of jQuery. The book concludes with three reference chapters on jQuery plug-ins: the API for plug-in creation, the Dimensions plug-in, and the Form plug-in.
Who this book is written for?
This book is for web developers who want a broad, organized view of all the jQuery library has to offer or a quick reference on their desks to refer to for particular details.