Format: PDF / Kindle (mobi) / ePub
This 88-page primer unveils the key features of Microsoft's eagerly anticipated Windows 8 operating system. Windows 8 contains the revolutionary Metro application framework for building dynamic and responsive touch-enabled applications that target both desktops and mobile devices.
What you’ll learn
- Create and configure Metro applications
- Implement a touch-enabled user interface
- Store data and application state using the Metro persistence model
- Access remote data using Metro networking
- Package and deploy your Metro application to the app store
Who this book is for
This book is for early-adopters of the Windows 8 operating system working with the Consumer Preview in order to be ahead of the curve in understand the new ways of working that the operating system introduces.
Table of Contents
- Creating the UI
- Responding to the User
- Storage and Persistence
- Packaging and Deployment
These chapters are supported by a substantial stand alone code sample.