The Fifth Golden Age of Science Fiction Megapack: Featuring the Work of Lester del Rey (Golden Age of SF Megapack, Book 5)
Lester Del Rey
Format: PDF / Kindle (mobi) / ePub
The Golden Age of Science Fiction Megapacks are designed to introduce readers to classic science fiction writers who might otherwise be forgotten.
Lester del Rey (1915-1993) is most remembered today as one of the namesakes of Del Rey Books—but in the Golden Age he was an accomplished writer who got his start alongside (and sold to the same markets as) a young Isaac Asimov. This volume assembles 9 classic del Rey tales—more than 500 pages of great reading!
About the Megapacks
Over the last few years, our “Megapack” series of ebook anthologies has proved to be one of our most popular endeavors. (Maybe it helps that we sometimes offer them as premiums to our mailing list!) One question we keep getting asked is, “Who’s the editor?”
The Megapacks (except where specifically credited) are a group effort. Everyone at Wildside works on them. This includes John Betancourt, Mary Wickizer Burgess, Sam Cooper, Carla Coupe, Steve Coupe, Bonner Menking, Colin Azariah-Kribbs, Robert Reginald. A. E. Warren, and many of Wildside’s authors… who often suggest stories to include (and not just their own!)
• “Pursuit” originally appeared in Space Science Fiction, May 1952.
• “Let ’Em Breathe Space” originally appeared in Space Science Fiction, July 1953.
• “No Strings Attached” originally appeared in If Worlds of Science Fiction, June 1954.
• “The Sky Is Falling” originally appeared in 1954.
• “Dead Ringer” originally appeared in Galaxy Science Fiction, November 1956.
• “Victory” originally appeared in Astounding Science Fiction, August, 1955.
• “Police Your Planet” originally appeared in 1956.
• “Badge of Infamy” originally appeared in 1957.
• “No Head for My Bier” originally appeared in Fantastic Adventures, January 1950.