The Rough Guide to Myanmar (Burma)
Gavin Thomas, Martin Zatko
Format: PDF / Kindle (mobi) / ePub
For so long off the tourist map, Myanmar (Burma) now has thrown open its doors to welcome travelers. More than 2 million people visited this beautiful and beguiling destination last year, and that number is expected to reach 5 million in 2015.
The Rough Guide to Myanmar (Burma) is the most up-to-date travel guide to this rapidly changing country.
- Only guidebook to include hundreds of miles of pristine, untouristed beaches in the southeast, which opened up to travelers for the first time while our Rough Guides author was writing this guide.
- Showcases regions other guides don't cover, including newly developing ecotourism at Indawgyi Lake and in the northern region.
- More detailed coverage of key sights, such as Bagan, and the major cities of Yangon and Mandalay.
- More full-color maps and photography than the competition.
- Most current listings and prices for hotels, restaurants, shops, bars, and sights.
Throughout, travelers will find intuitive cultural content, tips for what to see and what to skip, and practical information on etiquette, transportation, food, drink, costs and currency, and health, plus a handy guide to the Burmese language.
Whether travelers look to explore the temple-strewn plains of Bagan, trek through remote villages in Hsipaw, or punt in and around the stilt villages of magnificent Inle Lake, this guidebook gives the honest advice they'll need to plan their trip, navigate the countryside, and make the most of their time in Myanmar (Burma).